Friday, March 14, 2014

He dropped the ball on this one...or easter egg.

Andrew was sitting on my bed the other night, waiting for Lily and Michael to finish getting ready for bed so we could continue our chapter book (Bed nob and Broomsticks).  Our conversation went something like this:

Andrew:  Hey, Mom, I've got a great idea for something you could put in our Easter baskets this year.

--a long pause, where I raise my eyebrows and look humorously at him--

Me:  Something I could put in your basket, eh?  Do you have something you need to ask me?

--insert image of Andrew looking shocked and caught.  I could almost see the wheels spinning in his head as he tried to recover the illusion that he still believes--

Andrew:  Heh.  Is there really an Easter bunny?

Me:  No.  But you can't tell your brother and sister just yet.

Andrew:  I never really believed it.  I mean, bunnies don't even lay eggs.  It's kind of dumb.

Me:  I agree.  Dumb.


So can we all just agree that he doesn't believe in the rest of the trifecta (bunny, fairy, santa)?  Or do we have to keep on pretending?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

interestingly, they seem to be able to keep them all separate. I have no idea how, the power of make believe I guess
Ryan knows about all except the tooth fairy. That one he still believes in!