Saturday, October 12, 2019

I need to break up with Facebook

Holy crap!  It's this old blog!  I've gotten so used to Facebook...Blogger seems so old and clunky.  So why am I putting something on my blog after 5 years?

Facebook is like eating nothing but candy.  So yummy but rotting me from the inside out.

Facebook is like an abusive boyfriend.  Handsome, slick, and easy, but making you hate yourself.

Facebook is like putting on makeup.  Cover up to make you look better.  Decorate to make people laugh.  Use to make people look and admire.

Facebook is like eavesdropping.  I get to know things about people that I would normally never see.  I realize they are hateful, whiny, ungrateful, self-centered, selfish, liars.

It is almost election time.  Facebook will give me insight on what you think.  I don't want to know what you think.  You won't convince me, I won't convince you...I'll just look at you and know you like Trump and I can not forgive that level of ignorance.  You will look at me and know that I want to help other people, and you can't forgive that level of decency and unselfishness.  So I don't want to know and I don't want you to know.

I have lived in Springboro for over 4 years.  Facebook makes me hate this community.  I wouldn't know the selfish, entitled opinions of so many if I didn't read their comments.  It is not good for me to hate where I live.

I am getting overly addicted to the feedback of my own posts.  I take pictures with the intention of a funny post.  I avoid conversations because I know I already posted about that something.  I check it too many times a day.

I am scrolling.

I am checking my phone.

I am getting notifications.

I am checking my phone.

I am grouchy.

I am checking my phone.

I am judgemental.

I am checking my phone.

I am judged.

I am checking my phone.

I am not reading (as much).  I am not focusing on people (as much).  I am not exercising (at all).  I am gaining nothing but funny dog videos (I can get those elsewhere).

I need to break up with Facebook.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Same for me!

bluedaisy said...

I decided to visit my blog for the first time in forever and when I checked to see if any of my bloggy friends have posted recently, I saw this post of yours! I feel the SAME way about FB but cannot quit it. Like, addicted, totally. Abusive relationship? Absolutely and the election just intensifies it so much.
I would love to return to this blog, just to check in and maybe start writing more again.
We'll see...