Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Another very merry Christmas

Well, after that pathetic little post, Lily and I went to see a pediatric orthopedic doctor.  He was very kind and explained a lot about the growth plate that Lily broke, and how it heals, and basically just reassured me and gave me lots of information.  He gave her a cast for 4 weeks, which she happily and proudly wears now.  It is not that heavy, and she can easily crawl around.  The doctor gave her permission to walk on it (in special shoe for her cast) as soon as she didn't have pain, and after days of desperately wanting to walk but it still hurting too much, on Monday she started walking quite well.  So all is well on the healing front.  Thank heavens for 2nd opinions!

Now!  On to Christmas!

Lily was so gung ho about Christmas this season.  As soon as we put out our decorations, little notes started popping up around the house.  By the cookie plate, there was a note that read, "Dear Santa, I hope are cooke's are as sweet as you. from: Dad, Mom, Andrew, Lily, Michal.  Ather: Lily"   On the fireplace there is a sign taped up that reads: "Santa is the best!"  in alternating green and red letters.   Under the tree is a tiny note that read:  "I love Santa."

Santa didn't disappoint.

At 4:11am, Andrew burst into our room and announced that Santa had arrived.  I groaned and told him that was great, but there was no way we were getting up.  GO BACK TO BED.  He sheepishly said, "Oh.  Sorry.  I thought the clock said 4:50".  As if that would have made it any better!

At 4:45 am, I heard the other two get up (Michael and Lily were sharing a room).  Lily is trying desperately to strap on her special shoe so that she can walk, and Michael is just leaving her behind.  She thumps down on her butt instead, and after checking out the presents, they come clambering into our room.  I tell them it is TOO GODDAMN EARLY (minus the curse word, of course), and that they can come in and cuddle with us at 5:30.

At 5:30:01, all three kids come in and "cuddle".  I got kneed in the breasts several times, Jeff kicked in the kidneys at least twice, and we talked about which child(ren) we should sell into slavery and use the money to buy a yacht.  Pleasant Christmas morning conversation.

At 6:00:02, they all clamored into Lily's room, where Memere and Pepere were "sleeping".  There's no way they were actually still sleeping with as quiet as these children were.

We came downstairs and tortured the children by wandering around getting coffee and garbage bags and extra chairs while they salivated over their presents.  They were especially curious about the large Santa gift that was labeled for all three together.  They all tore into it together and found another wrapped gift inside.  And then another inside that.  And another inside that.  They were all laughing, and Lily was shrieking, "This is the craziest Christmas EVER!".  Finally, they got to the prize in the middle...a 2DS for the 3 kids to share.
As usual, the kids were super happy and excited about every gift...even clothes and books.  One of the reasons they have so much crap is because they are so much fun to buy for!   At one point, Lily opened a 3DS game (to go with the new DS), and she yelled, "OH MY GOSH!  IT'S...A...IT'S...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK IT IS, BUT I LOVE IT!!!!"   Which pretty much sums up the whole mood.

As usual, the kids were super excited to give each other gifts and give Jeff and I our gifts.  They are just so magical to spend the holidays with.  I feel so blessed to get to enjoy them each.

And now we will pack up and head to Ohio to share some of this Christmas magic with others!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This post just made my day - you are so funny and the description of your kids' unbridled glee makes me look forward to when Quinn is a bit older. That's great news that Lily is all sorted out - she was such a trooper. Have fun in Ohio!

Pamela said...

Christmas is so magical with kids! I don't even want to think about the future when there won't be the pitter patter of little feet waking us up at the crack of dawn to open presents. Not going to think about it. Then maybe it won't happen ;)

bluedaisy said...

Pretty good thinking on the shared DS...I know my kiddos would love that but coudn't justify asking Santa to bring THREE...shudder. So they got a Wii (I know, we are totally behind the times but oh well!). It sounds like your Christmas was truly magical...Merry Christmas!!

CARRIE said...

As I'm reading your posts, G keeps coming over to the computer because he thinks I'm looking at funny pictures, since I'm laughing so much. I keep saying, "It's just my friend's writing."