Saturday, May 24, 2014

Spring time fun

May is BUSY!  But fun.  Gotta love spring..

For Mother's Day, I got to go to a performance in Lily's class in the morning and Michael's class in the afternoon.  Unfortunately, I only got pictures at Lily's...I took some of Michael on my phone. 

Singing some kind of "I Love You, Mom" song.  Not a dry eye in the room.

 Me and my girl

Lily is working on a book about herself (just for fun), and she wanted to take a picture to put in it.  
Oh, how I love this picture.  Isn't she a pretty little thing?  And getting so grown up!


Andrew was star of the week in his classroom, and wanted to take in a picture of himself with his pets.  Munchkin the hamster is still alive and kicking.  As is Shadow.


Mother's Day we enjoyed take-out in our backyard and then a fire pit.  The kids found a toad...and it was entertainment for at least 30 minutes.  Poor toad.




One week day, we had nothing going on in the afternoon.  Because it was raining and all the practices/games were cancelled.  But it was a lovely warmish rain with no thunder, so the kids went outside to play in the rain.  I don't know why we are always rushing out of the rain.  It is so refreshing and fun to just let it get you wet!










Our last Sunday at our church.  We are leaving because there are just aren't enough kids/young families.  As you can see from the children's choir.  Only 3 children opted out of singing.  So...not many kids.  I bribed the boys with breakfast out to get them to sing.  Lily would sing every day if it was possible.



Andrew had his beginning band performance last Monday.  He spent most of the year saying he didn't want to do it again next year...until the month of May.  He seemed to do really well, so I'm glad that he is going to stick with it.  I think it was just too hard at the beginning ;)



We had a half day of school (election day), so we went to the Doylestown Kid's Castle.  It was a gorgeous day, and they had so much fun.

Here there are at the top of the tower...using extreme zoom lens.

Here is without the zoom.  They are in the upper left window of the castle.  Cool, eh?






Finally, some pictures of our softball star!  She just got her jersey this week...with only 2 games left.  I won't get into the details (it makes me too angry), but basically they switched her to another team several weeks into the season, and never told us.  So when the uniforms came in, she didn't have one because she wasn't on the roster.  Grrr.  But she is Lily, so she has been having a great time.  I just wish there was another, more organized, softball league in town.  She loves it a lot.





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the rain pictures - looks like so much fun! ...and Lily has perfect form batting - you go girl :-)

Aunt Sara said...

I adore the pictures of them playing in the rain!