Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Every day in August

Must. Write. Down. Cute. Things.

Tomorrow I'll start Every Day in August.  I will write something every day.  But it may mean a boring post...or 25.  I'm really not in the writing groove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must apologize to Andrew for always blaming him when the games Lily and Michael play fall apart.  Today he is at a friend's house.  Lily and Michael were playing in the front yard as I did some much needed weeding.  I had suggested that they create an outdoor restaurant...using chalk to draw tables and a door and a kitchen on the pavement.  I would come and visit their restaurant when it was up and running.

They happily drew and ran around...for about 2 minutes.  Then Lily started screaming and proceeded to have a 15 minute melt-down.

Apparently, this restaurant needed a satellite to keep an eye on potential bad guys.  Lily felt that one satellite was sufficient for our current terror level alert status.  Michael felt they needed at least 3.

And so they fought.

I was trying my hardest not to laugh in Lily's face.  Really?  Imaginary satellites drawn in sidewalk chalk on your driveway restaurant?  Really?  Worth fighting over?

-sigh-

They are watching tv again.  Surprise.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Yeah! Everyday in August is great news!