Wednesday, October 16, 2013

If you are so inclined...

I have to say, in my 36 years here on earth, I don't think I've ever asked other people to pray for something.  I don't honestly know how I feel about prayer and how it works...does it make any difference?

But if ever there was a time to take a chance, it is tomorrow.

Tomorrow my friend Alwyn is going to have a very important, very scary surgery to get rid of the very scary cancer in her body.

Alwyn was born and raised in Brisbane, Australia.  She met her American husband while teaching English in Japan.  I met her when we were both pregnant with our 3rd child.  Her 3 kids are the same ages as mine, so we have an instant bond because of that.  But it is easy to be friends with Alwyn.  She is kind and genuine and funny.  I could write a huge post just about her, but I'll refrain.  You just have to meet her to know how wonderful she is.

So if you are so inclined, pray for her doctors tomorrow...that they get a good night's sleep and can do the very best job that they can.

Pray for her family, that they stay full of hope.

Pray for her body, to stay strong and heal quickly from this incredible surgery.

Just pray.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Prayers coming from San Diego...

bluedaisy said...

Absolutely- prayers up!

memere said...

God bless Alwyn and her family. Keep her safe and make her well.

CARRIE said...

Hoping her surgery went well. 2

Andrea said...

I most definitely have been sending out prayers too. How is she doing?