Monday, October 21, 2013

Updates

1)  Alwyn is doing as well as can be expected.  She came out of surgery an hour early, both doctors were confidant they got all the cancer, and apparently one of the doctors seemed really elated and excited at the outcome.  She slept for the most of 2 days and now is awake and walking !?!?  Assuming no infections pop up and all goes well once she starts eating again (she's been on IV nutrition and apple juice since the surgery) she may even come home a day early!  So all good news there!  She even sent me an e-mail yesterday.  Amazing.

2) Neighbor who makes fun of my house called me Friday morning.  Lily had apparently been playing tag at the bus stop and fell down.  Neighbor ran to her house (right next to the stop) and got her ice and then promptly called me to let me know just in case Lily complained of her fingers hurting.  Now, isn't that nice and neighborly?  Above and beyond, even.  I just want to give credit where credit is due.

3) I signed up for a Zumba-thon.  Whaaaaaaa?, you say.  Oh, yes.  I will be doing Zumba for 2 hours STRAIGHT...at night...with about 1,000,000 other people.  And you thought you knew who I was.  Well, I still don't own tassle pants.  But Jeff is holding out hope for the boob job.

4)  Speaking of the gym, after Zumba last week, there was a table set up in the lobby.  I signed a slip for some contest...and then I got a call the next day that I won!  6 free small group personal training sessions!  A $300 value (or something close to that).  Hooray!  I won!  Oh, wait.  Now I have to go to small group personal training sessions.  Boooo.  I may need to keep back some of the prescription meds from #5.

5)  Yah, so, tomorrow my mouth is going to become a little less wise.   My dentist has been bugging me to get these 2 wisdom teeth removed, for, like, 7 years.  I'm finally doing it.  He convinced me via x-ray.  -sigh-  My first time with IV sedation.  Seriously, if I'm one of those few people who dies from general anesthesia, and I die getting my freaking wisdom teeth out...I am going to be PISSED.  Make a note.  Say it at my funeral.  PISSED.

On a related note, Jeff is taking the day off to bring my puffy faced butt home.  He is super excited to have a day off.  If he takes any movies of me coming off anesthesia, and posts it on You-tube, then this is a public notice that I will no longer be married to him.  The marriage contract will be null and void immediately.  And he wins custody of the children.


1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

So glad to hear about Alwyn...keeping the prayers and positive thoughts going there!

I am interested to hear about the Zumbathon and also wish you luck with the wisdom teeth surgery. I had all 4 taken out that way and as I recall the first day sucked but things got better after that. Hope it goes smoothly!!