Thursday, January 09, 2014

Snippets of Michael

Life with this boy...he keeps us laughing, at least!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of nights ago, he begins hollering from the bathroom.  That's right, 5 1/2 years old and STILL needs help with wiping.  He'd better have a really understanding college roommate, that's all I've got to say.  Anyway, he starts yelling and Jeff and I are not moving real fast.  We are calling back things like, "You can do it, buddy!" and "Daddy's been gone all day and missed the opportunity to bond with you in this way!"

Michael tries one last ditch effort, calling out, "Mom!  Dad!  Come quick and you can be the first to see it!"

Jeff and I bust up laughing...what are we, back in Jeff's college dorm again?  Jeff can't fight the temptation (just like in college, I suppose), and laughs his way into the bathroom.  Turns out Michael had brought a new Lego creation into the bathroom with him and was trying to entice us in by us being the first to see it.  NOT what we were thinking, but it still got us in there, didn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, the kids were REALLY hyper at dinner time.  We had tilapia and green beans and pasta for dinner, so dinner was taking quite a long time.  The non-kid food delay was also exasperated by this hyper-activity.  Really annoying stuff.

I had promised them that if they finished all their homework and all their dinner, they could play the 2DS and Wii for a bit.  But with them literally bouncing off the walls at dinner, I proclaimed that there would be no computer games after all.  (they tend to get hyper after playing computer games as it is...there was no way they would ever go to bed at this rate).  They all accepted this quite well (they clearly could tell how out of control they were).

Michael goes and gets a pad of paper and is doodling while Jeff and I talk and wait for Lily to finish eating.  Everyone has kind of calmed down.  Thank heavens.

Michael says, "Do you want to see what I wrote?" (insert mischievous grin here) "I wrote 'I love love love love love love love love love love love love Mom and Dad."

Jeff says, "Oh, how sweet, Michael.  Thank you."

I say, "That's nice.  What do you want?"

Michael says, "Well, see, all that writing got all my hyper out.  So I think I can play 2DS now."

Stinker.  Buttering us up with love.


1 comment:

Aunt Sara said...

He certainly knows how to get what he wants doesn't he? What a funny kid!