Friday, January 17, 2014

The most pleasant sick person ever

The night before last, Michael was up several times getting sick.  I knew something was the matter, because I heard him go to the bathroom...but he didn't come in to wake me up first.  That boy HATES to be alone.  Especially in the creepy night.  Good thing he hasn't figured out he's all alone in his room...tee hee hee.

Anyway, I walk in on him at 1:30am, and he is hurling like crazy in the toilet.  I rub his back and when he stops he wipes his mouth and says, "I held my hand over my mouth and made it to the toilet."  At 3:30, when it was coming out both ends, he paused and said, "Thanks for sitting here with me mom."  And at 5:30, when he was just sitting on the pot, he had a long conversation with Jeff about not making a mess in his bed and how he wasn't going to go to school the next day.

Michael is the best thrower-upper ever.  He has almost always made it to the toilet in his brief history of getting sick.  This round was spotless.  He has long, non-whiny conversations all while shivering and shuddering and hacking.  Granted, he likes to talk about "barfing", as he calls it, a little too much.  If sitting with a person who is getting sick doesn't make you feel queasy, then sitting with them AND hearing them describe the content will.

All day yesterday, he sat around kind of pitiful...occasionally whimpering.  Pathetic.  But he never cried and never protested my remedies...bath, shopping for 7-up and popsicles, nap.  He cuddled, watched tv, read books, and even had to go drop off/pick up his siblings at school (damn cast).  He did wake up from his 3 hour nap and say, "Why does the bad stuff always happen to me?"  (???)

He didn't get sick all day yesterday...although his total food consumption was about 9 crackers.  He slept all night and bounced out of bed today announcing that he was all better.

Seriously.  He is the most pleasant sick person ever.

2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

What an adorable little trooper. Bless his heart! I'd say he is VERY unusual. What a sweetheart.

Kelsey said...

Poor buddy - even if he IS pleasant I hope he is back to full fighting strength soon.