Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What the littles are saying

Lily is killing me over here. But not in a bad way. She is just getting...I don't know...less 3? She is still stubborn as heck and ornery and opinionated and picky...but she's just better than she used to be. It is subtle, but it is there. Hope for the future. At least until she's 12.

The other day, we were all basking in the sunshine and drawing on the driveway with chalk. Lily was making a picture of me making a picture, and she suddenly said, "Oh, for heaven's sake." It sounded so cute coming out of her mouth...and with such attitude. She watched me laughing for a minute and then said to herself, "And then they all went, 'a-ha hahahaha' at Liddy."

There are a hundred moments like that each day. She is just coming up with stuff that cracks us up.

She was watching Loony Tunes (best rental from the library EVER), and she was belly laughing at the roadrunner and coyote. She out of the blue said, "Memere would really like this." So we called my parents so she could tell them, and she talked to my dad saying, "Pepere, there is this dog who chases the bird and gets dead and it is so funny. When you come to my house you should watch it all day."


And Michael is speaking more and more. Not that anyone can understand him but Jeff and I. He gets so excited when we figure out what he's saying, though. He pointed at the fruit bowl and said, "Ap-bum". We gave him an apple and he just giggled and looked so proud of himself. He also likes to say "Ba-nah-mah-nuh" for banana...and even though he HATES to eat bananas, when he says the word, he wants you to get him one. Which he will promptly try to eat, say bleh, and throw on the floor. Ugh. Don't give him a ba-nah-mah-nuh, and he will throw himself onto the floor in a fit. But after Lily's fits, his seem lack-luster.

Also, the littles are so much fun to watch at the park. The weather has turned so warm this week, that we are going to parks twice a day. And both Michael and Lily have gained physical skills over the winter that they are trying out at the park. Michael is the slide king...going forwards on his bum instead of face down on his belly. He thinks it is AWESOME...and laughs and says, "Weeeee!" every. single. time. And Lily has discovered the Superman pose on the swings...lying across it on her belly and twisting, then letting go and spinning around. The first day she did it, you could here her laughter throughout the park. And after she was done she toddled over to me and said, "My tummy hurts." No wonder.

I'm looking forward to this summer. I thought I would dread having a 2 year old and a 3 year old at the same time. But I think it helps that I'm so in love with this particular 2 and 3 year old. ;)

No comments: