Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Backstory: She wants a cat

Conversation with Lily on the back porch swing this weekend:

L-Mommy, if you had a fairy give you a wish, what would you wish for?

M- I don't know Lily...I think I already have everything I want...a prince, a castle to live in, 3 cute kids, a fluffy pet...I can't think of anything else I want.

L- Oh! I know who your prince is...DADDY! And! Oh! I know who your kids are...Liddy, Michael, and Andrew! And! Oh! I know where your castle is (she points to the playset in the backyard).

M- That's right...so what else could I possibly wish for?

L- I know...you don't have a cat. You should wish for a cat.

M- I worry that the pet we already have...Shadow...wouldn't like a new friend to live with.

L- (nodding thoughtfully) Hmmmm... Well, do you know what I would wish for?

M- What?

L- A cat.

No comments: