Monday, April 26, 2010

Half of a whole

So Jeff left yesterday.

No...not for good. This isn't THAT kind of a post, thank heavens. Although sometimes this house gets so crazy, I start to wonder...

Jeff left yesterday for South America. He is traveling to Argentina and Brazil for the week to visit a few of the plants he lords over.

I am not used to him traveling. At all. Ever. Certainly not this far away.

It does not help when he jokes about getting kidnapped by rebels. Or when he jokes that he is going to the land where supermodels are born.

But before those of you with frequent flyer husbands write me a sympathetic comment or give me advice for how to survive with 3 kids alone for a week... my MIL has come to stay with me while he's gone.

Spoiled. I know. Especially since this is almost BETTER, since someone is home with me all day.

So have a good week! Think of Jeff as he visits the Paris of South America! And me as I figure out how to pretend to be a good mother for a week in front of my MIL. ;)

3 comments:

mom said...

Don't you and that supermodel share the same name? Only you are more beautiful.

Sarah said...

Hah, I was thinking exactly the same thing: it would be awesome to have someone to stay with me if Jim was gone a whole week, but yikes- I'd have to pretend that I don't actually let dishes sit for half the day, or that I don't sometimes just sit on the couch and read while the kids run around and play.

d e v a n said...

Have fun! D was recently gone 10 days and my parents were here almost half of that time and it helped quite a lot!