Monday, May 03, 2010

3 times a week

No, this isn't going to be an x-rated post. I'm just going to try and take Kelsey's challenge and write 3 times a week in the month of May. Shouldn't be too hard...but I've noticed that blogging has definitely taken a back seat to other things. So hopefully no huge gaps in the chronicle of my bad parenting for my children to take to their therapists in the future.

Jeff is back! He got back Friday morning, and we picked him up and took him to IHOP (welcome back to the USA!), where Lily promptly rejected a chocolate pancake with a whipped cream smily face on top. WTF? Welcome back to the family life! He had a fabulous time and I am only 45% worried that he is going to accept a transfer to the southern hemisphere sometime in the near future. ;)

Jeff's mother left on Saturday afternoon, after trekking to the Sesame Place grand opening with us. She was an absolute life-saver...the week kind of flew by, and I didn't do nearly as much moping around missing Jeff. ;) I'm pretty sure she's convinced I am a lame-o mother now, though. I've been telling her for YEARS, but she is too nice to accept that. Nothing like a week-long immersion to convince a person. On top of watching how I parent, she had to eat horrendously boring lunches (I served her boiled hot dogs one day...Lordy), I went to bed between 9 and 9:30 every night, I was sucked into a 1,000 page book (read: anti-social), and she even did a bunch of yard work. She is a good woman.

Anyhoo, this weekend was a whirlwind...starting with the aforementioned Sesame Place grand opening. Which was...hot...crowded...miserable...incredibly fun. Kind of par for the course. Then Andrew had a t-ball game and then Jeff and Andrew went to the Princeton-Cornell lacrosse game in Princeton, NJ. Sunday we went to church in the morning (where Michael was a bit of a problem in the nursery), Jeff mowed the lawn in record 89 degree temps, Andrew had a flag football game, and then we went to our friends' house to try some traditional Montreal food for dinner. It was a very full, very fun weekend.

And now it is Monday. Lily was up at 5:30...again. sigh.

I shall write again...at least 2 more times...I already have a post asking your advice ready in my head.

Off to (bad) parent some more! At least I finished my book last night. ;)

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

I'll take her pancake please. ;)

CARRIE said...

I do remember you blogging about Andrew coming in when you were preggo with Michael and interrupting you and Jeff in the shower. So I was worried about the post title.

Glad hubby is back. Sincerely hope he doesn't decide to do a Mark Sanford on you. ;)