Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dreams coming true

I witnessed this at 6:35 am:



This is photographic evidence of my two elder children...-gasp-...playing a game...-gulp-...by themselves...-SOB- And it lasted for...TWENTY MINUTES!?!?!?
-
I have memories of playing HOURS of UNO with a group of kids while on vacation. My parents were in the other room...doing I don't know what. Drinking? Playing card games of their own? Having adult conversations uninterrupted by little children?
-
I have seen the future...and it definitely includes these two playing cards with each other.
-
(btw...the game box is for holding cards...just flip the box upside down and voila! Card holder.)
-
(also...can anyone recommend how to tell children to shuffle by themselves...other than just throwing cards around. That was the only snafu this morning...shuffling)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Buy one of those electronic shuffles. All they have to do is split the deck, put half in each side and press a button. Voila! Shuffled!

Aunt Sara said...

When I was little I used to just lay them on the ground in two piles then sort of stir them up... not sure how effective that actually was though.

d e v a n said...

Yeah, we sort of just mixed them up till we got older and could shuffle. The electronic thing is a good idea though.
YAY for siblings playing nicely!

Anonymous said...

The future looks promising indeed! I love it when my kids realize siblings can serve a purpose other than to fight and torment :)

LisaP said...

I spend a LOT of time shuffling for kids. I second the recommendation for an electronic shuffle machine.