Friday, April 08, 2011

Obsession

Yesterday I was cleaning up dishes as Lily sat and ate some chocolate Cheerios. The boys were not around...one being at school and one sleeping upstairs. I started singing a silly song to her...making up the words and tune as I sang. It went something like,

Lily loves chocolate. She loves to drink chocolate, and eat chocolate, and dream about chocolate. She thinks about chocolate day and night. It is her favorite thing.etc etc.

She was a bit indignant at first that I would dare make up a song about her, but she quickly got over it because a) it was all true and b) I make up songs all the time. She requested a song about Andrew. It went something like,

Andrew loves football. He loves to play football and look at football and read about football and dream about football. He thinks about football day and night. It is his favorite thing.

And then the inevitable request for Michael's song:

Michael loves cars. He loves to play with cars, eat off cars, dream about cars, and be a car. He thinks about cars all day and all night. It is his favorite thing.

Lily is giggling by this point. She announces that she has a song about Mommy. I got a little nervous. What has Lily observed about what I like? About what I'm obsessed with? I was cringing thinking of her singing a song about Mommy liking her computer or books or eating junk food. And then Lily sang,

Mommy loves Daddy. She loves to hug him and kiss him and make him laugh. She thinks about Daddy all day and all night. He is her favorite thing.

At least they're growing up knowing we love each other ;)

6 comments:

Heather said...

That is the sweetest thing!!

bluedaisy said...

I had the same thought as Heather..so, so sweet!!

Memere said...

Mommy loves Daddy that is all true. Good job Lily.

Kate said...

Awwwe! *melt*

CARRIE said...

That is sweet.....
If N sang one it would be "Mommy bitches about daddy a lot in her blog...."
;)

Kelsey said...

Okay - I'm snorting at Carrie's comment! :-)

Lily is such a sweetie at heart, isn't she?