Friday, September 21, 2012

Girls' weekend away

My friend Alwyn is turning 40 this month, and she has planned a weekend in New York City for some of her girl friends.  I am honored and thrilled that I was included in this group.

So...hooray!  NYC!  And Alwyn wants to do some things in the city that I've never done before.  You know...in the 2 other times I've been.  Her plans include:

...eating at an Australian restaurant that she loves and where she can get some home cooking (she is from Brisbane)

...going to the Met

...renting bikes and riding through Central Park

Things I know will happen:

...talking until we get hoarse

...laughing until our cheeks hurt

...probably birth stories will be told.  Seriously, we are so predictable.

Anyway, send positive thoughts Jeff's way as he single parents his way through a busy weekend.  He's got Andrew's soccer game and Andrew's lacrosse practice on Saturday, and then Sunday school, Lily's soccer, and a birthday party at a bounce place on Sunday.  Poor man.  I owe him big time.  Or you could say I'll pay it back when he goes to Texas for a week in October and then China for who knows how long later in the fall.  You could say that ;)

2 comments:

Aunt Sara said...

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy!
When is Jeff coming to Texas?

Aunt Sara said...

Also, the Andy Warhol Exhibit looks amazing. I'm super jealous.