Thursday, November 29, 2012

Amazing Andrew turns 9

Dude.  Andrew is NINE.  Nine.  9.  Just...wow.

I realized that I've been updating my Facebook page quite a bit lately...putting a funny story down or whatever.  And that's been taking the place of my blog.  I think it's because so many more people comment or respond to a Facebook post.  Which is silly and a bit needy of me.  Because it is sooo much better to post on HERE...because I can actually come back and read in this space.  So I'm going to try and write HERE when I feel like just posting a quickie on Facebook.

Anyhoo...Andrew turned 9 on Tuesday.  We celebrated twice...on Saturday we took he and a friend to Medieval Times, a super cool live action show, with knights dueling, and horse tricks, and even a falconer.  Andrew got knighted (because it was his birthday and we were willing to shell out the dough).  He and his friend were captivated by the whole event.  And his friend just kept saying to Jeff, "THIS IS AWESOME.  YOU COULD HAVE PICKED 7 MILLION PEOPLE AND YOU PICKED ME.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.  THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME DAY OF MY LIFE."  

Which makes you really glad you brought that particular friend, right?  When I was volunteering at the school library the following Monday, Ben once again came up to me and said, "Thank you again for taking me.  It was the most awesome day of my life."

On Tuesday, he had to go to school.  So my parents stayed at home with the younger two while I took Andrew to Dunkin' Donuts for a pre-school treat.  Then Jeff got home at 4 pm...just so Andrew wouldn't have to wait to open his gifts once he got home from school.  Isn't he a great dad?  Andrew opened gifts and played...took a break to do homework...and then played some more.  We had his requested dinner...garlic sauteed shrimp with broccoli and couscous...and his requested cake...vanilla cake with vanilla icing and DOTS candy all over the top.

I think it was a good birthday.  Certainly better than my 9th was...(the moving truck actually came to our house on my 9th birthday.  My mom reminds me that I actually had a party that year...and I remind her that it was a birthday/goodbye party which makes it sad rather than happy.)

But enough about my scarring childhood memories...Hooray for Andrew!

3 comments:

Aunt Sara said...

It is so hard to believe he is NINE!
I'm so glad he had a great birthday.. .and you definitely took the right friend on Saturday!

Pamela said...

Don't you love it when your kids have great friends?! And when you have a great kid, of course :)

Medival Times is on our list of "family vacations to do when all the kids are old enough to remember it because we're only doing it once". I have great memories of going there with my cousins.

Happy Birthday! Andrew

CARRIE said...

There are few qualities I appreciate in a child more than gratefulness. I love his comment. So glad Andrew had a great birthday!