Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving!

We are going to Jeff's cousin's house for dinner today.  They live about 50 minutes away. Jeff's grandma and aunt will also be there.  Ellie has told me that I'm not to bring anything, so I feel kind of like a teenager going to Thanksgiving dinner this year. Except instead of just showing up and sitting on the couch all day, I'll also bring 3 rowdy kids to fill her house with noise and mess.  Aren't I just a peach of a guest?  Yet DJ and Ellie continue to invite us to holiday dinners.  Which means so so much when you don't have your own parents and siblings around to celebrate with.

Of course, on Friday my parents will arrive.  And we'll have another Thanksgiving dinner sometime during their visit.  Yummo.  Let's hope my kids like turkey a bit more than they have in the past.

Saturday, we are taking Andrew on his birthday "party" celebration.  We don't really DO parties so much around here.  So Andrew chose to take his best friend to Medieval Times .  Andrew has never been there, and we are anticipating having a very good time.  And, yes, I realize our little birthday expeditions (like Lily's NYC), probably cost more than an actual birthday party would.  But I enjoy them sooooo much more ;)

Oh dear.  I am rambling.  I just wanted to take down the whiny post about being busy so it wouldn't be up on Thanksgiving.

I am extraordinarily thankful for this little life I've been given.  I am blessed beyond words.  Healthy kids and spouse.  Loving and generous family.  Kind and fun friends.  A comfortable homey home filled with stuff we don't need but enjoy none-the-less.  Books.  Thank heavens for authors that take me to another world to expand my own little life view.  A partner in life who makes me laugh every day and after 17 years I still just want to hang out with.  Three unique and truly amazing children that exasperate and fill me with joy and pride every day.

I am thankful.  Have a great holiday!

No comments: