Thursday, January 24, 2013

Another one bites the dust

The boys are sick.  All 3 of them.

Jeff has a really bad sinus/head cold with swollen glands and sleep preventing badness.  He just looks miserable.

Michael has a cough/runny nose/ high fever (103 and change usually).  Oh, and as of the wee hours of the morning, vomiting.  Luckily for him, it is his first time ever throwing up.  And he ate almost nothing yesterday, so it was more like dry heaving.  Poor baby.

Andrew has basically the same thing as Jeff...except he has a fever (100 and change usually) and a cough on top of it.  He looks pretty miserable.  This is coupled with the fact that his nose is practically bleeding because he refused to actually blow his nose.  Seriously.  The kid is 9 and can't blow his nose.

Lily is fine.  Well, Lily has a pretty nasty sounding cough...but it's dry and annoying more than anything.  She insists I take her temperature when I take the boys' temps, so I know that she is usually around 97.1.  Low normal temp like her mama.  I spent most of yesterday trying to keep her away from her brothers and washing her hands as much as possible.

I am fine.  Tired, as the boys have gotten me up 4-5 times a night for the last couple of nights.  But I feel fine.  Not even an ominous tickle in the back of my throat.  Don't worry.  It's coming.  It would be AWESOME if it would come on the weekend, when there is a back-up, hopefully healthy-by-then parent.

So all in all, not too bad.  When we were reviewing our medical stuff from 2012, we realized that our kids weren't sick (other than little colds) the ENTIRE YEAR.  So I knew the shit was going to hit the fan in 2013.  I was just expecting it to happen when Jeff was in Asia for 2 weeks and I had to be sick and deal with sickos all on my own.  Don't get me wrong...it could still happen that way.  But I appreciate the little bolster to our immune systems first.

Enjoy your cold day!  At least only Lily has to go out in it today!


2 comments:

memere said...

Gorgeous. Those of us that stitch know the work involved. Every square is stitched. Good job.

Andrea said...

so did you end up getting sick? We haven't heard from you in a few days!