Friday, January 25, 2013

2 down...1 to go

No, this isn't a post about who is sick!  Hooray!

No, this is a post about finishing my second stocking.  Cross-stitched, anyway.  Aunt Sara has been notified that once I stitch all 3 kids' stockings, these will be coming in the mail for her to complete (read: cut out and attach to a felt back so they will be actual stockings.)

Since it took me a combined 6 years to finish these, I think she won't be receiving them for a while.

The whole shot:

 Up close shot to give an idea of how many little stitches are actually on these suckers...and why it took me 6 years to complete them (I also read a lot...and now you will believe me that my house is not clean)




6 comments:

HawleyFamily said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

Aunt Sara said...

They really look amazing Giselle. Very impressive, and of course I will be happy to sew them for you!

CARRIE said...

When N was a baby I made a cross-stitch blanket for her. I finished it when she was 6 weeks old. Guess who never got cross-stitched blankets? They look great! Good for you for sticking with it!

Sarah said...

Those are amazing! What an impressive project.

bluedaisy said...

I'd say these are worth the wait!!

Pamela said...

Those are the most gorgeous stockings I've ever seen!!! I'm in awe of your ability to crosstitch. As a kid, I crosstitched the letter "P" with a Holly Hobby girl (remember her?lol). I had to take out so many stitches and tangled threads that it was the last piece I ever stitched. But it gave me a healthy respect for those who can :)