Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Resolutions

Last year I made a few resolutions.

And I did well.   Not with the whole sugar thing.  But with the exercising thing.

As of June 30th, I had lost 18 pounds.

As of December 1st, I had not lost any more, but had kept off those 18 pounds.  Because I maintained running 2-3 times a week and lifting weights 2-3 times a week.

As of December 31st, that number was down to losing 13 pounds.  But WHATEVER.  So I was bad at Christmas.  Okay, the whole Christmas season.  Damn Sara and her delicious chocolate dipped peppermint treats.  Oh!  And the Rolos melted on pretzels.  Damn you, SARA!

Ahem.  I digress.  I'm back on track.  And my New Year's Resolution is to just keep on keeping on.

1.  Keep exercising and eating well.  Go back to what I did last January-June.  Evaluating if each snack is worth putting in my mouth.  Birthday cake=WORTH IT.  15 Hershey Kisses that I find in the bottom of a drawer=NOT WORTH IT.

2.  Lose about 15 more pounds.  I am now confident that I can do it.  If I just stick with my "Eat less, Do more." program.

3.   Run a 10K this year instead of just a 5K.

4.  Keep appreciating that I am now saying, "JUST a 5K."



2 comments:

CARRIE said...

Love the last one!

Aunt Sara said...

Sorry!
You'll be back on track in no time and running more than "just a 5k" :)