Sunday, January 01, 2012

Resolutions

Oh, man.  Is it really 2012?

I am going to resolve, again, to lose weight.  Despite resolving to do this for the last 8 years or so, I still am deluded enough to think it may actually happen this year, instead of me gaining 3-5 pounds like I have in the past.

Different this year?  Gym membership.  Confidence from actually running a 5K last year.  Looming mid-life crisis in August when I turn 35 and my baby girl starts Kindergarten and my baby is in pre-school 4 days a week.  Crisis is LOOMING people.  And I would like to be 15-20 pounds lighter when it hits. 

GOAL:  Exercise more.  Use the gym.  Run another 5K this year. 
                  I went for a run this morning, since it is in the 50s.  I have majorly slipped from my 5K status...but I am months ahead of where I was last April.

GOAL:  Eat less sugar. 
                  I have no strategy for this...but I have no self control when it comes to sweets.  So I guess my strategy should be to not have any in the house.  The kids don't need it either, right?  I can always get mini-marshmallows as bribery for them...I hate them.

GOAL: Make no more goals.  Concentrate on exercising and less sugar.  That should be plenty to fail at for this year.

Here's to a skinnier mid-life crisis in August!

1 comment:

CARRIE said...

On NPR's Science Friday, there was a snippet about willpower and that it is better to make only 1-2 resolutions than a bunch of them. Willpower is like a bucket--you can deplete your willpower by overloading it.

Oh, and I'll be having my mid-life crisis in September---turning 39. I freaked out at 29, so I think I'm due.