Monday, January 02, 2012

Off to school with you

Andrew got a bum deal this year.  Jeff has no work today.  Lily has no school.  But he had to get dressed and ready to head back today.

His teacher e-mailed us late last night saying she had lost her voice over the weekend and wouldn't be in today.

So I was making my breakfast after receiving his teacher's e-mail and really feeling like school today was optional.  I mean, everyone else was still on vacation in our house and he was just going to have a substitute, right?  Shouldn't I just let him stay home from school?

Then he ran through the kitchen yodeling at the top of his lungs, followed closely by his screaming sister.  He stopped and pointed at 3 different Post-it notes that he had stuck on his shirt.  They read, "I farted" and "I'm hungry" and "Lily is annoying."  He laughed hysterically and ran off again, while Lily trailed after him yelling, "I am not annoying!"

40 minutes later, I booted him out the door and to the bus stop with a sigh of relief.  We are ready for school!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hahahahaaaaa...I am sitting at the computer at this very moment because the kids are driving me bonkers and I'm trying to escape. They get three weeks off from school! I have to endure their bickering until Jan 10th. I may be eating all the remaining toffee in the house.

Also, I love to hear how much of a boy Andrew is. Brayden does the same gross/annoying things. Today he built a fort, only he insisted on calling it his fart. Lovely.

CARRIE said...

I could probably handle another week with my children---but my husband had to go.