Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Oh what a morning!

Andrew was reading to me this morning.  The book we've picked for his next book report is fabulous, but there are a number of vocabulary words above his level...hence him reading to me so I can check his comprehension.  We try to do his reading at night, but it just didn't happen.  So he was reading to me, and I noticed that for the second day in a row my head was kind of itchy.

Do you see where this is going?

After discovering that indeed the lice are back on my head, I did the medicated wash (I had an extra bottle) and combed through my hair.  I announced to Andrew that he was going to have to buy lunch today since I needed to do my hair and then check Lily's.  He left for school and I was about halfway through my head of hair.  With 10 minutes to spare before leaving for pre-school, I wet Lily's hair down and did a quick but thorough check of her head.  Nothing.  Nada.  Hallelujah!   We frantically put on shoes and coats and head out the door.  My keys are not where I left them on the steps that morning (I had gotten something out of my car, so I specifically remember leaving them on the steps).  I asked Mischief Maker Michael if he'd seen Mommy's keys.

"I put them in Andrew's bag."

I frantically look in our junk drawer...no spare key...Jeff must have it on his key ring.  I call my friend that lives close and she agrees to spin around and come take Lily to school.  As I call out the garage door to tell Lily to come back inside, the hall closet door falls apart and hits me in the back.  It is dangling on it's hinges and I can't pull it off, but I can't leave it to hit the opposite wall.  The phone begins to ring.  I yell at Lily to get the phone.  She can't find it.  I yell at her to come and hold the closet door up.  The phone stops ringing.  I get a kitchen chair to prop up the closet door and check my messages.  It is Andrew calling me from school to tell me that he has my keys.

My friend gets Lily and offers to come back and take me to Andrew's school to get the keys.  But I don't really have anywhere to go, and I hate to put my lice infested head in her car.  So I decline, but ask if she could bring Lily back home.

So here we are.  House falling apart.  Itchy infested head...again.  Laundry being run for the umpteenth time.  P.O'd at my youngest.

How's your day going?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Please don't hate me, but I laughed a lot when I read this.

CARRIE said...

You will laugh about this one day. A LONG time from now in the future.

Dang, now my head is itching.