Thursday, January 26, 2012

This week

I don't even know where to begin.  So I'll just do a list of things that have happened/are happening this week.

--I had to buy Andrew more pants...again.  That kid just refuses to stop growing.  I swear, I bought his all new pants in the fall.  And while in Ohio, I noticed his pants were too short.  At least Michael's hand-me-downs will be barely worn?

-- Michael is spending an inordinate amount of time in time-out, due to his latest phrase.  "I hate..."  Whenever anything doesn't go his way, he announces angrily that he hates you.  Or his teacher.  Or this hat.  Or whatever.  It is really tiresome and annoying and rude...so time-out it is.  At this point it is already a habit, so it will probably take a bit of time to break him of it.

--Lily is at the annoying stage of beginning reader.  Just because they have successfully read a few easy readers, they assume that the entire world of the printed word is decipherable to them.  She gets frustrated.  I get frustrated.  You know the drill.

--I may actually have to start doing homework with Andrew.  He has missed one spelling word on the last two tests...perhaps we'll have to review the words.  And he asked me for help with the wording of one of his math questions...and I literally didn't even know what unit they were on.  Slacker mom.  Need to start paying more attention.

-- I'm in love with Jeff's new boss.  I mean, I've never met him.  But I love how interested and involved and...managerial he is towards Jeff.  And he sent us flowers (from the department) in sympathy.  Love!

-- I've been really good about going to the gym.  Well...only about 3 days a week...but I haven't quit yet!  And my eating has been better also.  I'm drinking WAY more water and trying to eat less/better.  No real results yet.  Not getting discouraged yet.

-- I got Michael enrolled at the new preschool.  His current pre-school (where we have been for 6 years now) is making me feel bad.  How much they are going to miss Michael, and what are they going to do without a member of our family there.  My explanation to them has been that I can't get Lily to the kindergarten bus AND get Michael to pre-school if I go there.  It's just a little bit too far away.  They tell me they will work with me...I can drop him off early or late, whatever.  I just can't tell them that while the bus thing is technically true, I also don't like the teachers for the 4 year old program.  I can't tell them...because Lily is in that class for the next 5 months.  Don't push me to say it!  I'm a big blabber mouth and am likely to spill the beans.  And ruin the rest of Lily's school year.

-- My house is a cluttered sty.  Yesterday I tackled the basement.  I couldn't even tell you how long it's been since I dealt with that room.  Months.  I vacuumed up some spiders the size of gerbils down there.  I took out 2 bags of garbage and took way 6 different toy sets that are too young for the kids now.  They went immediately down there this morning and played for 90 minutes.  -sigh-  Can't we just have a clean room for more than 12 hours?  Please?

--I thought exercising was supposed to give you more energy.  When does that happen exactly?  Also?  I just had to look up the spelling of exercise...AGAIN.  I think there is something significant to the fact that I can't even spell that word.  My body clearly rejects the whole idea.

--February 2010 and February 2011 I had trips to Southern California.  Nothing this year.  I'm kind of bummed.  I really appreciated that weekend of sunshine in the middle of dreary winter.

-- I'm totally into my Kindle now.  I've figured out the library thing, and my MIL showed me a website that highlights free books for a limited time each day on Amazon.  Now I just have to tear the thing away from my annoying kids so I can actually read on it.

-- I'm cold.

-- I made pumpkin bisque for dinner last night, in our attempt to eat vegetarian one night a week.  Turns out pumpkin bisque is good for about 10-15 bites before you get sick of it.  An appetizer type of dish.  Not a whole meal.  Too bad I'm not the type of hostess that serves multi-course meals.  Unless you count veggie trays and pigs in a blanket as courses.

-- I should go tackle another room of clutter now.

--Our master bathroom has been sitting stripped of wallpaper for 3 months now.  It will take 2 hours, MAX, to paint.  Still not done.  Loser.

-- I got Michael a table lamp for his room since he has no light switches.  I have no idea how early he's been waking up, but judging by his tantrums, sensitivity, and "hating", I'd say he was up REALLY early today.

-- Jeff was reprimanding Michael yesterday, and Michael smiled and said, "Yes, sir!"  Don't know where he's heard that, but it was funny.  Little booger gets away with murder.

-- Enough randomness for one day?

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

So good to hear from you!!! Lots going on. I don't know how N does anything at school because she wants me to sit by her as she does her homework, which is IMPOSSIBLE with the 2 little boys that live in our house.

Aunt Sara said...

We are trying the vegetarian once a week thing too! It way my resolution this year.