Wednesday, June 25, 2008

100 stories and 0 creativity

So we're BAAAAACK! And I have dozens of stories from our Tour de Ohio, and literally no inspiration to write about them.

We started in mid-state-country-bumpkin-Ohio, visiting all of Jeff's family. Uncle Chad flew in from Texas, we saw lots of relatives, Michael was baptized on Father's Day (Jeff flew in for the event), we ate lots of good food, the children slept amazingly well, there was a visit to the Columbus Zoo, and basically my in-laws bent over backwards to make sure our trip was as pleasant and wonderful as it could possibly be. The kids and I left on Wednesday (with our car heavily laden with extras) to head down to Cicada-infested Cincinnati.

We picked up my little sister on the way, which gave me a nice time to chat with her alone. She has a lot going on right now...and the kids and I enjoyed every minute she spared to be with us.

In Cinci, we did a lot of eating...I have certain restaurants that MUST be visited...and since I haven't been since June of 2007, they all tasted DELICIOUS. Of course, we didn't ACTUALLY go to the restaurants much of the time...have I mentioned that I have 3 children? But I still managed to eat all the desired treats. We managed to see a TON of family at my little sister's graduation party...and these cousins and aunts and uncles had never met Lily before, much less Michael. It was fun to show off my little ones. To read more about the cicadas and visiting with my nephew, read this.

My mother drove back to PA with me...an 11 hour trip (amazingly short, considering the distance and the fact my newborn needed to stop and eat every couple of hours). Lily slept a whooping 40 minutes of that. Andrew slept 15 minutes. In 11 hours. Mom is still speaking to me. Shocker. I took her out to dinner last night to thank her...and give her a few moments away from my sleep-deprived, cranky children.

All in all, it was a tiring trip and a fantastic trip. It makes me really want to live near family. But at least I can be thankful that a trip can be made relatively easily (this will not be confirmed by my mother...;) )

I have to write a post later about Lily and Andrew and their antics during the trip. But for now I have to take Andrew to summer camp and find a legal tranquilizer for Lily. Seriously. How do children survive the 2s? Because Lily isn't even 2 yet and I should get an award for not locking her up already. :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I think Lily is just practicing for her two's. . . I remember Harper having a couple really difficult months around 1 1/2 that were like a tiny precursor. I also remember people telling me that it was totally normal. You might have been one of them!

I am curious about which Ohio/Cinci foods you must have???