Friday, June 06, 2008

Scary smart

Quickly, before I have to go play Jeff Corwin with Andrew (our latest pretend game).

Andrew seriously scares me sometimes, he can be so smart. Especially with math stuff. Maybe he isn't really that smart, and I just think he is because he is my first child. Or maybe he's even smarter than I think, because he's my first child, and I have no other 4 year old's to compare him to. Whichever...

Andrew knows Jeff's birthday is June 22nd. He likes to know what day all of our birthday's are on. So on Wednesday, with no prompting or previous discussion, we had a random conversation like this:

A- Mom, what day is it?
M- Wednesday.
A- No, what day is it, like what number day?
M- Oh, um, it's June 4th.
A- So Dad's birthday is 18 days away!

He is 4 and a half, people. I seriously had to think about it to see if he was correct (I've never been good at adding/subtracting 8's).

Scary.

No comments: