Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cute, cute, and cuter






Oh, heaven help me. Lily is so stinkin' cute.

She enjoys playing hide and seek. Lily-style. She will take a stuffed dog and place it at her feet. Then she says, "Wha dog?" (where's dog?). I say, "Where is dog?" She points at the dog and says, "Day he is!" (There he is!). Or, if she gets really into hide and seek, she will place the dog at her feet and then cover her eyes and "count" (Lily's counting consists of saying the number 2 over and over again). So she stands there saying, "two, two, two, two" then she uncovers her eyes, points at the dog, and enthusiastically yells, "Day he is!" She could do this for HOURS.

She acts out her books. One book in particular. It is a simple board book...a page of kitten pictures, then a page of dog pictures, etc etc. On the kitten page, one picture is of a kitten sleeping. When we get to that page, Lily says, "Mommy, Mee-ow!" then she lays down on the floor and pretends to snore...which is cute in and of itself. On the dog page, there is a picture of a dog running. She says, "Mommy, dog!" and then runs around laughing. If I turn the page or close the book, she rushes over and tells me No! and reopens to the appropriate page. Repeat dozens of times for an hour of fun!

She pretends to swim. She will lay on the floor and wiggle her arms and legs and say, "Mommy, wa-wa!"

She no longer just calls Michael "baby". She now calls him "Baby Muck". We may just call him Mike now because it sounds so cute when Lily says it. "Hi, Mommy! Hi, Daddy! Hi, A-ew! Hi, Baby Muck". Melt melt melt.

She actively tries to get us to laugh. Today, she was eating breakfast and asked, "Where dog?" I said I don't know and she pointed to Shadow sitting under the table, "Day she is!" Then she said, "Peek-a-dog!" Which made me laugh, which made her do it 10 more times. :)

She's just fun fun fun. I'm sure there are more stories I could write down here, but I just can't think of them right now. Fun age!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Cute, cute, cute! Lily is just adorable! I love the baby Muck talk! I'd be melting, too!

Andrea said...

What a cutie!!!
Rachel recently started calling Joey "Doey" instead of baby :)

joanaTX said...

Very cute!

Kelsey said...

Suddenly Lily looks so big to me! I miss that age, where it is mostly cute.