Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On the road...

So, um, I'm slacking a bit on the blogging. But I have a perfectly good excuse. I'm in Ohio, and the computer room is where Lily sleeps. And Lily has become a Momma's girl since we arrived, so there is NO computer time. Except for now. Because my in-laws took the older kids to the zoo, and I am having a Mommy & Michael day. -sigh- The joys of one child who requires little if no entertainment. It's like a vacation. ;)

Quick updates...

Michael's 2 month appointment went great. He's up to 11 lbs, 1oz...still my skinniest kid, but growing nicely now. We are slowly but surely backing off the formula. I think he gets an average of 1-2 ounces a day now...

Thursday, my MIL flew into Philly and we got all packed up. The she and I drove the kids to Ohio. Well, let's be honest...I drove the entire way while she sat in the back of the mini-van catering to all my children. As I reclined in cruise control, she was plugging Michael with a pacifier, handing out books, distributing snacks, telling Andrew how to spell words as he wrote out a list for his scavenger hunt, and communicating with her co-workers via cell phone. All at the same time. She is a rock star. And this trip was ultimately her idea...so she can blame no one but herself ;)

Once here, the parade of family began. It has been awfully fun to show off Michael...and Lily too for that matter. Tomorrow, I will drive the children 3 1/2 hours to my part of Ohio and another parade of family will start. Lily is totally insecure with this change of routine and is actually MORE work than usual. Michael is still sleeping horribly...like a newborn, how dare he, but I don't have Jeff to wake up and help me. My MIL wants to help, but I just feel bad. Does that make me a horrible wife? I have NO problem waking Jeff up. None. Hmmmm. Andrew is having a BLAST...staying up late, talking everyone's ear off, etc etc.

So I can't promise to write much more this week. Down at my parents' house, Lily also sleeps in the computer room. So there you have it. ;)

I will catch up soon-

1 comment:

Annie said...

Still bummed not to see you guys this time...