Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why I don't do crafts...part 2.

Remember this? If not, let me refresh you...I felt guilty about not painting with my kids, so I got out the paint and 30 seconds later remembered WHY I don't do crafts with the kids.

It has been 6 months. I have literally not allowed Lily to even breathe near a paint brush since then. But it's summer! We need to watch less tv! We need to spend quality time together and embrace the opportunity to experience new things. I'm a stay-at-home mom! I am so lucky that I get to be with them all day and have time to do just this sort of thing with them. So I put Michael down for a morning nap and I got out the easel and paints.

You can see what happened...

5 seconds after paint is opened. All is well. I am such a good mom. Everyone loves me.
I swear...I turned around for 10 seconds. Why did we stop painting on paper?

OMG! This is going to be heck to clean up. And what did he touch while his hands were wet with paint?

Meanwhile...

While Mommy was dealing with lizard hands, Lily decided to paint on the floor.

So the tally?
Time since last special mommy and me art time? 6 months.
Total time of special mommy and me art time? 6 minutes
Total cleanup time of special mommy and me art time? 60 minutes.
Time until I get out the paint again? 6 years.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! Try chalk on the driveway. Much less mess and no cleanup!

Andrea said...

I second the chalk! Or we sometimes use washable paint on the sidewalk (I hate touching chalk - I could never have been a teacher!)