Friday, December 11, 2009

In a funk...

Ugh...I'm just in a funk. It all started with Christmas cards. I got my photos in the mail, and during a quiet moment threw together a Christmas letter. Then I (stupidly) printed it out on my Christmasy paper without having anyone proofread it. Including myself. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I showed it to Jeff, grumbling about my run-on nonsense sentence right in the middle of Andrew's paragraph. He finished reading, flipped the paper and said, "Am I missing a page? There is nothing about you on here." To which I responded, "What exactly would you write about me? Nothing has changed from last year and I do nothing worth writing about." Jeff says, "Well, that's sad." Which then made me sad.

But enough grumbling. This is why I'm not blogging. Who wants to hear me whine? (I know, I know, why stop now, right?).

Here are some photos...


I swear I can't get a good shot of this girl. What is with the wise-guy smile?
Mikey coloring...he LOVES it. Also, in love with letters all of a sudden. He suddenly sees them everywhere and excitedly points them out. Every letter that has straight lines is an "L" and ever letter with curves is an "O". Give him time...he's only 20 months ;) And he needs to learn to talk first anyway.



Here are a bunch of photos from a trip to the Please Touch Museum last Saturday. My mom went with me (thank God), and convinced me that I cannot take all 3 children by myself anymore.

















Getting a little old for Please Touch. He got bored about an hour before we were ready to go.













5 comments:

d e v a n said...

Sorry you're in a funk. Cute pics though!

Kate said...

I like Andrew's new do! I'm having he same issues with Christmas cards. Ugh. At least you finished yours.

CARRIE said...

With that haircut, Andrew looks so much older.

Yeah, the life of a SAHM. Not glamorous. Shitty pay. And doesn't make for interesting stories. Except in your blog.

bluedaisy said...

God bless you for even writing a letter...I just ordered cards last night after belaboring the whole photo thing plus I still need to do birth announcements...ugh! I know you know this in your heart but you have been busy this past year- raising those 3 beautiful children!! And while the day to day becomes mundane (and I am once again new to the at home full time deal), it's the little things you do that are so important to your kids. We are all entitled to a funk once in a while but I just wanted to send you a little shot of love--you are a great mom!!! BTW, when did Mikey get so big?? Why do they grow up so fast?!

Anonymous said...

We just got home from Disneyland and I got your message...I'm so excited! And after reading about your sadness I'm very sorry that I wasn't around to chat! I'll call you tomorrow.

That's one reason I stopped writing Christmas letters...I would agonize over what to write about myself. Everything I came up with sounded boring or made me look like a big whiner. So photo cards it is!