Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Help...no monitor...

Our monitor is on the fritz...hence the no posting the last couple of days. It blacks out after about 5 minutes...which has made me do things other than play on the computer (and blog). I wish I could say that the house was cleaner...but...my cross-stitching is coming along great! ;)

I will update sometime soon...Jeff doesn't seem to have any plans to replace the monitor, so who knows.

I will say that Andrew has new motivation to do his computer reading program...thank you Mario Kart for the bribery factor (earns 30 minutes of Wii if he does one chapter of the computer thingy that Grandma got him last spring...)

Lily is on day 7 of underpants and has had ZERO accidents thus far. She even took her rest time yesterday with no diaper on. Just amazing to behold. She is totally milking the bribes, though. A while back I bought Hershey Kisses for her reward...thinking she was only going on the potty every fortnight or so. Now that she is going 8 times a day or so, she is totally sustaining herself on chocolate. She will squeeze out a few drops when she gets hungry. I cannot WAIT for that bag to be empty so we can forget this whole chocolate thing. Yikes...that backfired.

Mikey is talking up a storm. He has not conquered any second syllables, YET, but my MIL swears he was saying "ernie" with 2 and he definitely says "tickle". But he now calls the dog "Shaow" and "Leeze" for please and "Gee" for geese and lots of other things. Definitely progress...just waiting for those 2nd syllables to start showing up.

Monitor blacking out every 30 seconds now...will write more after it has a rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cross stitching! The one you made me when Brayden was born is still hanging in my house. Every once in a while I even take it to heart and stop what I'm doing and play with the kids just because I can.

Andrea said...

Yeah I had the bag of kisses back fire on me too! And yes, Rachel reserved a little pee for just when she wanted a candy :)