Friday, November 27, 2009

S-I-X

He is six. My baby is six.

I didn't want to have a birthday party this year, because he hasn't yet figured out who his closest friends are at school...and I didn't want to invite the entire class. Have I mentioned there are 28 of them? Andrew was totally okay with not having a party...further proof that he is Jeff and my son.

A few weeks ago, I suggested a special Mommy/Daddy/Andrew date day in place of the traditional party. I pulled up the website for Medieval Times (a knight dueling restaurant/entertainment place)...pooh poohed. I suggested taking the train downtown and going to a museum or lunch...pooh poohed. I suggested even going up to NYC and seeing the Christmas lights, etc...pooh poohed.

Exasperated, I finally just asked him what HE wanted to do since he was such a party pooh-pooher. He thought for about 5 seconds and said, "I want to go out to breakfast and then bowling."

Done.

So that is what we did today. Jeff's folks just got in town last night, so we left the Littles with them and went to IHOP for breakfast. Then we walked next door to the bowling alley (that opened at 9 am...). Then we went to the party store to shop for decorations for his cake...nothing like last minute. Oh, and he decided that he wanted a rectangle white cake with plain white icing...no decorations but candles.

Could this kid be any easier? Seriously.

We love him...you know that. He knows that. It was so fun to just be with him all morning...our sweet 52 pound, 49 inch baby.

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

I always badger N to death with ideas, when they usually have the best and simplest ideas. I think I may steal this idea for her 6th...although she is enough of a social butterfly that she'll probably want a party.

bluedaisy said...

I love Andrew's Gday selections & that you gave him his own time with you--what a special gift! I am going to have to steal that one from you!!