Monday, November 09, 2009

Almost a sick week

For the last week or so, I've been holding my breath.

I sense that we are getting sick. I can feel it coming. Michael's nose is running and he needed his nebulizer starting in the middle of the week. Lily is acting...well, she's acting more "Lily-ish" this week. Andrew is a bi-polar mess...hyper and frantic one moment then mopey and lethargic the next. Andrew started a barking cough yesterday afternoon. I had a sore throat for 2 days. Last night Andrew went to bed with a 102 degree fever.

It's weird. Like the build up to this sickness is taking FOREVER. The anticipation is killing me. I stayed away from playgroups and other sanity-savers last week, because I was CERTAIN that this would be the day we got sick. But it is STILL like that. Let's just DO this thing.

So instead of running around with our friends, we've been hanging out a lot. And the kids are always so helpful with the chores...especially the carrying 5 laundry baskets up and down 2 flights of steps...Thanks boys.


And we've been doing more tv watching than usual. Both the older kids like to snuggle with their favorite cuddly-bear.



But we just haven't gotten hit real hard yet. There's still lots of laughter...whist almost choking to death on fish sticks...




Unfortunately, I think they are recommending that you don't send kids to school who have had a fever in the last 24 hours. Looks like we'll probably have a legitimate sick week on our hands this week. Joy!

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

Hope it's just a mild sickness and they feel better soon!

CARRIE said...

This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks we've been down for the count. So so sick of being sick.