Saturday, December 05, 2009

Lily-isms

Quick...before my monitor blacks out...

Here are a few cute things Lily said yesterday:

I had a few moments with her in the afternoon...after she got up from "quiet time", but before Michael woke up. We were playing...I don't know....some kind of pretend game where we never actually play because she is so busy telling me what we are going to do and what I am supposed to say. To counteract boredom, I do little things to make her laugh, like fill up a container with toys that she is playing with or tickling her or kissing her baby doll. Whatev-

So I knocked her over and started tickling her a bit while she was holding her baby doll. She giggled and then said, "Mom! You hurt my baby's feelings!"


Later that night, my mom and I took the kids to the local farm's fantastic holiday light show to kill the early hours of the evening. Very fun, even though you have to donate a kidney in order to get in. Okay, not really...but it has a ridiculous admission cost. Worth every penny when you hear Michael screeching in the back, and to hear Andrew sing the 12 days of Christmas (they have lights for each day of Christmas in the song during one section), and to hear Lily. Andrew pointed out Cinderella's carriage as we entered the fairy tale section, and Lily said very enthusiastically, "THANK YOU ANDREW. You are a GENIUS!"

She's so stinkin' cute. Oh! And yesterday morning we went to the French bakery and to feed ducks on the river down the street. Lily suddenly had to go potty, and there is NOWHERE nice along that stretch. So I took her in a "pay a quarter" public restroom...and she went. On this huge toilet. A-MAZ-ING. Did I mention that we still have had ZERO accidents? And that she is so good that while at playgroup Thursday, she stopped playing with all the fun toys and kids to come and ask me to go potty. A-MAZ-ING.

In related news: Andrew is jealous of the potty attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I' so very happy for you that Lily has transitioned herself to the toilet. Two down, one to go ;)

And Lily's comment to Andrew cracked me up!!!

bluedaisy said...

Your potty training experience with Lily goes along with my thinking- while we introduced the potty and gave it a test drive, I didn't go "hardcore" until Michael gave me crystal clear signals that he was ready...we did have a couple of bed-wetting accidents but those were related to us not being diligent about making sure Michael went one last time before bed. We also put pull-ups on him until recently--just because I don't want to change a wet bed in the middle of the night. It was a waste of money because the pull up was always dry but worth it for my own peace of mind.
GO LILY!!! I hope she continues with such success and even if she does have an accident or 2, she still rocks!!!

Kelsey said...

The Andrew as a genius comment is awesome - I love Lily!