Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Beware the Christmas tree

Our tree is up! Hoorah! And I was so excited that I finally don't have a toddler/infant to worry about mouthing the ornaments.

But apparently 2 1/2 is still not old enough to quite quell the temptation to touch each ornament. Michael did fantastic decorating. He was so excited to put them on the tree, talking non-stop about each ornament in his garbly goop. Andrew decided to put all his ornaments on the same side of the tree, so, and I quote, "When people come, they can just stand in one place and learn all about me and what I like." Hmm. Lily raced through it and then went back to playing with the nativity set. That girl is into the story of baby Jesus, or "The Llllllllord." as she says it, drawing out that L like her life depends on it.

Anywho, the tree is up. So if you come to my house, enjoy all the random ornaments, the broken ornaments, the old, falling apart ornaments. Be sure to check the one side where you can apparently learn all you need to know about the 7 year old. But beware. As you approach, you may get a strong whiff of something bad. For our tree doesn't smell like pine or cedar or white spruce.

It smells like dirty diapers.

Because apparently, the small space behind the Christmas tree is the perfect place to hide and poop.



(and it's really funny, because he knocks off ornaments as he tries to wedge himself between the window and the tree, so he calls to me to fix them. And as soon as I put it on the tree, he points away and says, "No. Go. No Mommy. Go." So I give him privacy, he tries to wedge himself a little farther back, another ornament drops...repeat.)

1 comment:

memere said...

He'll love this blog when he is 15. Make sure his girlfriend is around when you show it to him.