Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Lily Laugh

Lily has been trying to get sent to a boarding school. Or it could be say, she is trying to convince me to go back to work full time. In another state. With no vacation time.

But yesterday she made me laugh so hard and so unexpectedly.

This will only make sense to those of you who have heard the Christmas CD, John Denver and the Muppets.


We listened to the CD in the morning.

In the afternoon, we were reading books out of my Christmas book crate. One of my kids' favorites is this huge board book The Twelve Days of Christmas. I always sing it instead of read it.

When I got to the "8 maids a milking", Lily sang, "Me me me me me me" instead of the words.

Just like Beaker. And totally out of the blue.

I could not finish the book I was laughing so hard.

And of course, Michael wanted to get in on the "making Mommy laugh" thing...so he was "me me me"-ing right along.

4 comments:

LisaP said...

Thank you for making me laugh this morning. I needed it. :>)

bluedaisy said...

Love it!!!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! We have that record at my parents house and have to dust it off at Christmastime. I don't think I've played it for my kids yet - I think I'll have to this year for sure!

Joanne said...

Love it! I didn't know that it was on CD! My mom and dad have the record, too (wait? Is that "Karen" poster my sister?) and it was always our holiday staple! Lily is such a cutie!