Friday, January 28, 2011

5 more years until I have this fight?

I just drove to pick up Andrew from school. Because he wanted me to, that's why.

I followed a bus as it dropped off the remainder of its middle school students before it headed to Andrew's school for the next set of kids.

I saw 25 kids get off at various stops...give or take 2.

One of these children was wearing a winter coat. A total of ONE out of TWENTY-FIVE.

4 children were wearing t-shirts, and nothing else.

We have 19 inches of snow on the ground, and it just started snowing again early this afternoon.

One coat.

4 t-shirts.

Conclusion?

Teenagers are idiots. And I am not ready to pick my battles yet.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Wow. That IS dumb.

Anonymous said...

I give you two more years if Andrew is anything like Kylie at nine years of age. I'm pretty sure she doesn't need a mother anymore. But legally she gets to be nagged by me for nine more years. I'm suddenly leery of the teenage years.

Kelsey said...

Sadly it isn't just that they don't feel like wearing coats - if they are anything like the junior high kids where I worked last year they literally just forgot them at school. I swear one kid had five coats in his locker and still couldn't remember to put one on and get to the bus on time.