Monday, January 17, 2011

And the award goes to...

It's been several weeks since Christmas, and I think it is time. Time to award the prize for Most Loved Christmas Gift.

In a surprise twist this year, each of the children love the same gift. It's like winning a triple award.

This gift creates much havoc in our house. There are many tears while fighting over the privilege to play with it. Andrew spends a long time assembling it. Michael and Lily push and shove to get a good position. Andrew is the overlord of play, hoarding pieces.

Drum roll please.....





It's the trains.

My mother bought Michael a wooden train set from Costco for Christmas. Michael is frequently found in this position...

...spooning with his trains.

Occasionally, the three of them will get along enough to have a blast playing with the train set together. Moments after this picture was taken, Lily's trains stalled, and Michael had a fit because he couldn't chug through. He kicked his leg, knocking over the bridge. Andrew proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs and threaten to "Never build another train track again." The screaming scares Lily and Michael, who dissolve into wails.

Good times.
Honorable mentions...
Horsehead on a stick. I got one for Lily and one for Michael. Andrew has commandeered Michael's and he and Lily gallop around our house. Lily is the cutest in her pink cowboy hat (which I totally forgot we had).

Honorable mention for Michael...
Well, the pillow pet is popular, but Michael gets the award for "best sport". Because his toys were the hit this Christmas, and he is constantly having to share them with his older siblings. Poor guy. Next year I'm only going to get him gifts...

And finally, this has nothing to do with gift awards, but it is a shot of all Lily's favorite things.
Shadow and her night-night. Found cuddling together on the couch. Lily was just about beside herself when she found them snuggled up. Shadow is trying to send me a message... Owners take note: I am a 13 pound California dog. Not only do you torture me with multiple small children, you move me to a God-forsaken cold place where I am neck deep in snow each time I take a pee. I am taking this treasured toy hostage until you turn the thermostat above 67 degrees. In the meantime, I am creating a warm spot with it. Sincerely, Shadow.





3 comments:

Andrea said...

That picture of Shadow is about the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Next year, I'm buying EVERYONE Legos. That's all they play with any way. And it's a great toy. There are a million little pieces so it's hard to fight over. You can build your own Lego masterpiece all by yourself or you can contribute to building Lego Town with everyone else. That's all I'm buying from now on ;)

CARRIE said...

Poor little pooch. Got a big laugh over that!