Monday, August 15, 2011

Photo catch-up

So we had a delightful weekend. I'm glad Nicole doesn't have a blog, because hers might read something like:

Dear Lord. If I have to play another game of UNO or Yahtzee Jr. or Monopoly Jr or pretend restaurant I may line my pockets with stones and sink to the bottom of a river.

But she DOESN'T have a blog, so you only get my version ;)


We didn't do much, honestly. She was here en route to Germany, so I didn't want to wear her out too much. And we are boring. But I'm sticking with the Germany thing to make myself feel better.


We DID go check out a cool sculpture garden that I've been meaning to go check out. Despite the fact that it is in Jersey (insert fist shaking here) and we managed to miss the turn-about (not marked) that would have taken us left to the park, it was pretty cool. Very nicely landscaped grounds and sculptures tucked in every nook and cranny. Of course, I only remembered to take 4 pictures:



The kids ran from sculpture to sculpture reading the tiny signs to see if they were able to touch to artwork. Imagine little voices yelling across the open spaces, "Can't touch this!" Now imagine the group of 30-somethings giggling and immediately getting MC Hammer stuck in their heads. All. Day.















We also went swimming with Nicole (no photos), to the mall with Nicole (no photos), and hung out at the house an obsene amount of time due to rain (no photos). We stayed up chatting like college roommates, but went to bed like lame-o 33 year olds. I can't wait for her to come back next Sunday and celebrate our birthdays together. She insists that we will be celebrating MY birthday, but I've informed her that if I have to turn 34, she is going down with me.



Some other random photos on my camera...


Playing UNO. Michael is not so good at it yet. He just wants to skip people.


At the wedding in Cleveland:


I don't know why I'm the only one squatting in this one. We later took a shot of all of us crouching down to make Andrea the tallest sister...but instead I have this one of me looking like I'm collapsing. I only had 3 (or 4?) raspberry martinis...I swear!



My sisters and I with my Aunt Jeannette, mother of the groom.



The kids dancing in front of a tv display at the mall.

Andrew posing with his block creation at Grandma's.
The ice cream cake that Lily picked out just for me. She knows me so well...purple icing with dinosaurs in the middle ;)
Michael is potty trained! Yay! It means we can't lock him in his bedroom anymore. Which leads to us finding him asleep in the hallway outside his room.
Lily playing a game all by herself today. She does this a lot. But this is the first time I've found her playing with a toy. So stinkin' cute. She was making a voice for him as they played.

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

Eyes wet. Must stop laughing from MC Hammer comment.

Will you come down here and potty train my kid?

Kelsey said...

I'm in line after Carrie as my M is not potty trained even a little tiny bit (not for lack of trying).

Love all the picture and the commentary - you are so funny Giselle!