Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2nd grader



After our false start yesterday, we were off and getting ready for school this morning. All was well...we were ready 30 minutes early and went across the street to feed and water the cats we are watching. Then we walked down to the bus stop. Halfway there, Lily wiped out. Huge skinned knees and bleeding palms. She was hysterical. And I couldn't exactly take her back home...the bus was coming any minute. So she limped and screamed to the bus stop and then just cried...loudly...the whole time. -sigh- Better than locking myself out of the house like last year.
Andrew has had zero nerves...he's an elementary school pro at this point. But 2 minutes before the bus came, he wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered, "What if I don't like Mrs. L?" My sweet sweet baby. How much longer will he hug me for comfort in front of his friends. -sigh- And then the bus came and he was off.

I watched 2 little boys all day for a friend of mine, so it made the day pass rather quickly. She even paid me...whoopee! We made cookies for Andrew's first day...and I doubled the batch for my friend so she'd have cookies for her daughter as well.

I had to drag the kids out to walk down to the bus stop...Lily was having...um...pooping problems, so she was screaming and hollaring AGAIN at the bus stop. Lordy.

Andrew skipped off the bus with a huge smile on his face. I had told him this morning that I didn't want to get shrugs and "I don't knows" when I asked him about his day. So he gave me Every. Single. Detail. about his day. Literally from the moment he walked into the school until the end of the day. They did an amazing amount of work in the first day of school. And apparently Andrew absorbed it all :)

After his dissertation, Lily dragged him away to play Pokemon. And they are happily entranced in their own little game again. Reunited and it feels so good!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Lol...where's the happy median? It's either no details or so many your eyes start to glaze over. It's been more than two weeks and still the only thing I know about Bryn's class is they have drinking fountains in the sink. Oh, and that they learn "nothing" every day.

Glad Andrew had a good first day!

bluedaisy said...

I heart Andrew! So glad he is off to a great start :)

Heather said...

What a big handsome kid!!

Kelsey said...

Oh poor Lily!

I cannot believe how big Andrew looks in that photo - such a grown up boy. I was just remembering visiting you in Louisville when both our oldests were so little...

CARRIE said...

How is it that our oldest babies are 2nd graders??? Not possible. So glad he had a great 1st day.