Friday, March 02, 2012

Photo blog

I don't think I've posted pictures in a very long time.  And I haven't seen family in quite a while, either.  So pictures it is!

This is what the kids would like to do all day long.  Play with my Kindle.  I have to admit I use it as a bribe or threat quite a bit.  It also brings out my inner 3 year old...I don't wanna share!

 Andrew's Humanities class had a puppet show about the ocean world.  It was nice to meet the other parents and to see Andrew in a class full of Andrew's.  Except I think he has exceptional social skills compared to some.  Others are silly and friendly like him.  But others...whew.  Future Bill Gates's in there.
 I took a lot of pictures like these.  Lily always wants a whole apple instead of cut up, and when I tell her that she never eats very much of the apple, she protests and complains and moans.  Same with a cup of hot cocoa.  So I started taking photo evidence to support my argument. 

 Michael has become just as much of a pretend player as the others.  When not wandering around the house moaning "I will eat your BRAAAAAAINS", he likes to be Worker Mike.  And that is what you have to call him while he is in character. 

 Lily loves to cook, and unfortunately Mommy's new diet is not giving her nearly as many experiences as she would like.  But occasionally I give in...like when we made Valentine's cookies and then delivered them to neighbors.  I need to do more of that...bake and give away. 
 Lily's last photo with long hair.  After many weeks of begging, I finally gave in and let her get it cut off.  But I didn't put the photos in order, so you won't get to see it for a few shots.  Oh, the anticipation!
 Andrew is in cubscouts this year...which is a whole post in itself.  For now I will leave you with photos of the pinewood derby.  Andrew came in 5th.  Of 6.  At least he wasn't last?  That's what you get for waiting until 2 days before to begin.  Again...another whole post about Jeff's apathy towards this activity.  No, not apathy.  He actively hates cubscouts, and it shows.

 Michael and I made a floor puzzle, and he told me it was big enough to be a bed. 
 Shadow also loves the sunny spot in the living room.
 My handsome blue-eyed boy.  Isn't he getting big?
 Michael's typical pose for photos.
 I bribed him to look at the camera...no strawberries until you smile for the camera.
 Andrew's lying face.  His eyebrows go way up...I believe he was lying about tucking his pants into his socks on purpose just to drive me crazy.  He was trying to convince me that he didn't do it.  I got photo evidence of the lying face. 
 Lily's new hair.
 Isn't she cute?


5 comments:

Jayme said...

Love all the pics!

Heather said...

I really like her short hair! And Andrew's lying face ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pictures. Can never have too many for Memere. I miss my kids.

Aunt Sara said...

I love Lily's haircut! It's been WAY too long since we've seen you guys.

Andrea said...

that's too bad that they gave all the scouts a ranking - Ryan's was last week and they only announced the top 2 times. I imagine, given that he came in 3rd place all 3 races, that he would have been way down there as well!