Thursday, March 01, 2012

Ninjas!

Another  favorite pretend game around here is ninjas.  It is one of the only things that all 3 kids can do peacefully together.  Semi-peacefully at least.  This stems from all 3 children being obsessed with Ninjago, which is a Lego based cartoon.  Doesn't make sense to you?  Me neither. 

The show has 4 different colored ninja trainees who are striving to become the "green ninja" that has been prophesied.  It is kind of funny and they are Legos, so the violence isn't too much, whatev's.

So my kids are constantly playing Ninja.  Which Michael endearing calls "Inja".  As in, "I am a INJA!"

The other day, they were all sitting quietly drawing ninjas.  Andrew was asking them what kind of ninja they were and drawing their weapons and costumes.  Michael drew a really cute 12 fingered ninja that I will be keeping as one of his non-scribbling pictures.  And Lily was drawing the people in our family.  Not ninjas, now that I think about it.

Here's how Andrew described their chosen ninja powers...

Michael decided that he was the grass ninja.  Not as in "duuuuuuude, awwwwwesome" grass, but as in green -won't come out of the knees of jeans- grass.  His sword was covered in grass blades.  When he attacks, the grass blades cut people and cover them with grass.  Fierce?

Lily was the flower ninja.  Her sword throws flowers at the enemy.  (?)  I don't think Lily understands the point of ninjas or what they really are.

Andrew is a red ninja.  He has a lava sword that shoots hot lava at the enemy.  By far the coolest weapon.  Coincidence?  I think not.  It pays to be the artist.

When Andrew isn't home, the ninja game falls by the wayside.  Like as I type this, Lily and Michael are playing Barbies.  You may think this was Lily's idea...but you would be wrong.  Michael is a non-discriminate toy player.  He will be pummeled in elementary school.  But he'll make a great husband and daddy.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I laughed when you told me about their Ninja powers when we talked on the phone and I cracked up all over again reading it on your blog :)

And I'm glad to know Brayden isn't the only child walking around with permanently green-tinted knees. I recently had to patch holes in them too so he is really stylin' now.

CARRIE said...

I could totally be the other kind of "grass" ninja. Now that is a cartoon I can get behind!