Sunday, October 23, 2011

The duct tape years

A little more than a week ago, I talked to my friend Pamela after duct taping my vacuum back together.  She sighed in commiseration and said we've entered that stage of marriage.

You know the stage...your shiny new wedding gifts are starting to fall apart, but you don't have enough money yet to replace them.

Year 25, silver.  Year 50, gold.  Year 12 of marriage...duct tape.  Who knew?


BTW...after duct taping the hose back together, the roller brush and belt exploded into pieces on Saturday.  -sigh-  But it was cheaper to just buy those new parts than a new vacuum...so we keep clunking along with what we've got :)

4 comments:

Pamela said...

ROFL...hadn't thought of it like that:) So true!

HawleyFamily said...

We are SO experiencing this right now!!! Why can't we re-register at 10 years? Not only are things wearing out, but tastes and lifestyles have changed SO much!

CARRIE said...

We will celebrate 14 years on Nov 1, and all our shit is falling apart too. A lot of my problem is that I'm just too darn cheap to buy new stuff. I could....but I won't.

bluedaisy said...

I like your resourcefulness. How are your bath towels holding up because ours are looking pretty shabby at 9.5yrs...