Monday, October 29, 2007

Backfiring...

A few posts ago, I vowed to write in this blog (on the blog?) every day for the month of November. This plan has backfired, only because it is preventing me from writing in October...probably not the point. I'll think of something I want to write...like my perfect design extra for a mini-van, or the debate in finding out the gender of this baby, or my weird pregnancy dreams...but before I can write it, I think..."Hmmm, this would be a really good filler for a day in November. I'll hold off on writing it." As if I'll be able to remember what those items were two days from now, much less NEXT MONTH. Hmmmm...

I haven't had much time to write this past week anyway, though, because Lily has been an absolutely cute ball of MISERY this past week. She came down with a horrendous cold coinciding nicely with her swollen red gums with 4 teeth erupting at the same time. The positives? I've been getting lots and lots of cuddles with my non-cuddler. Negatives? She will only cuddle with me. Mommy is #1. Rough on Mommy.

Andrew is still spewing football nonsense non-stop. If he runs out of actual football garbage, he simply moves on to his imaginary team, The Starliners. So the football talk never ends. It is actually how I've always envisioned hell. No offense to my BIL, but I always thought the worst thing ever was ESPN on 24 hours a day. Now I realize that at least I can leave the room when ESPN is on. This little sports caster follows me wherever I go. Arghhhh. I'm not exaggerating, either. I am having "Mommy Quiet Time" right now...since naps have recently gone bye bye, we now have an hour of MQT where Andrew is basically not allowed to interact with me. He can stay downstairs and do whatever, but he must not make eye contact or speak. And as I type this, he is sitting at his little craft table with crayons and paper...and he is writing out football plays. Seriously. I hear him saying things like, "And the Redskins defense intercepts the Starliner's ball.... Touchdown pass for the Bengals quarterback. Oh, man what a great catch.... He lost by a mile!" -sigh- Another reason to have another girl. Although then the boys could talk about this and leave me out of it....hmmmm....

Okay, well, I suppose I should wait to write any more until November ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write them now, save them as drafts, post later. It's like putting a lasagna in the freezer!