Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why I hate being pregnant...

I know I should be grateful. There are so many people out there who cannot get pregnant or cannot stay pregnant. Every time I complain, I do think of those women out there. But I still complain.

I hate being pregnant.

I am starting to feel better, tummy wise. I haven't thrown up in I don't know how many days. I still have almost constant nausea, but if it starts to get too bad, I can ease it with a simple piece of minty gum. Easy peasy. Popping jaw problems are nothing compared to sitting on a cold tile floor in front of a toilet. So the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

And just as this misery ends...my back/hip/whatever the hell this pain is starting once again. In an effort to explain how I complain the same with every pregnancy, here is a link to my blog at 16 weeks pregnancy with Lily. After re-reading this entry, I've decided that I don't actually need to blog about this pregnancy...I can just link you to my old blog 18 months ago. (It also makes me realize I've been drastically exaggerating how long I was sick with Lily. Only 18 months and I'm already stretching the story into a tall tale...I'll turn into my grandmother any day now). Anyway, I guess I should just be grateful that my body spaces out these little miseries. I can't imagine if they coincided...I'd be wracked with spasms of pain every time I vomited. Yikes.

Anyhoo, my description of the pain is basically the same as before: that the big nobby part of my femur is coming slightly out of sync with whatever part of my pelvis (the ilium?) it is supposed to nestle inside of. Kind of like popping your elbow out of socket (don't they call that nursemaid's elbow or something). If I sit on the floor or lean forward, when I go to move back into a "normal" sitting/standing position I feel as if my body just doesn't fit together right. How does this feel? Like shooting, agonizing, violent pain. I would rather have natural childbirth...because at least you can feel the contractions building. This catches me totally off guard, which leaves me gasping and screaming in the middle of the night when I turn over. The only solution is to sit in a hard chair until I feel that nobby part of my thigh bone fit back into place deep withing my rear end. Then I can walk and move like nothing ever happened. Until I bend over or sit wrong again. Back to square one. -sigh- Thank God only my left side is affected.

So welcome to my new whine. Stay tuned for the next annoying pregnancy symptom...which one comes next? I can't remember...hemorrhoids or heartburn?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you tried a chiropractor?
One of my midwives' husbands is one and I saw him when I was pregnant with Rachel and it really helped!
Sucks that is does seem like as soon as one symptom goes away another one comes up!

Nicole said...

I second the chiropractor! I had really bad hip pains when I was pregnant with my son, and the chiropractor helped a ton. I did some searching online and came across the term "Sacroiliac joint dysfunction" and asked the chiropractor if that was similar. Yep... thats what I had.

Here's the link to my pregnancy blog where I posted about it...

http://nbarczak.typepad.com/inside_addition/2005/12/i_think_i_found.html