Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ta-DA!!!!!

We have a new computer!!! The ups...I now have unlimited Internet access again. The downs...our old hard drive and all that was stored on it is gone forever. So if I read your blog, but you don't comment regularly on mine, please send me your URL so I can begin reading again. I can trace most of you through your comments, but some of you are secretive ;) (Annie).

Because my posting has been so spotty due to technical difficulties, I'm going to try something that Kelsey is doing in November. She has a fancy name for it...if you really care you can read about it here. It basically just means she is going to post every day in November. So I'm going to try that also. Lily is going through a BURST of new things, so it should be relatively easy to think of something every day. Not to mention my precocious little almost-4-year-old. Precocious makes it sound so much cuter...;) And hopefully by November I won't be puking every day, and I'll start feeling this little booger moving, so I'll be in a better mood. No promises.

So here's what happened in the last week:

Me: I had another doctor's appointment. I had to bring Lily because they had no evening appointments that week, and heaven forbid we schedule the appointment a week late. As if it matters at this point. Whatever. So Lily and I waited through her nap time for 45 minutes. She was just peachy by the time I got called into the room, let me tell you. And I was irritated (what? Me? Irritable?) because everyone there knew I was pregnant. In my normal everyday life, no one can tell (it helps to start pregnancy overweight and to be 5'9"...you can hide a pregnancy for a long time). But at the OB's, every nurse had to comment..."How old is your daughter? Oh, my, your kids are going to be close together. Good luck." Gee, thanks. Your comment is unwelcome, because either A) I planned to have them this close together and you are insulting my judgement...or...B) I didn't plan this, and have already been freaking out for 15 weeks and don't need your doomsday predictions to make me more nervous. -sigh- I suppose I should get used to it. Baby #3 is doing well. He/she seems like a stinker already. The nurse was trying to get the heartbeat, and Baby kept moving away from the doppler. She'd hear it and start to count the beats, and then the heartbeat would suddenly disappear. She'd search around and find it all the way across my belly. After 3 times of this, she laughed and said, "you've got quite a wiggly one in there". Oh dear. I also found out that I'm having the BIG ultrasound next month. WHAT??? This pregnancy is moving WAY too quickly. I feel like I"m going to blink and suddenly be carting around 3 kids. YIKES!

Lily: Lily had her 1 year appointment this week. She charmed the doctor and nurses with her blowing kisses. She has jumped from 25th %tile in height and weight to 60th%tile in height and weight. Go Lily! The doctor seemed impressed with her signs (which Lily happily showed off) and her words (which Lily also performed...to my great shock and amazement). Maybe the doc wasn't impressed and her reaction was just colored by my own pride in my daughter. Whatever.

Andrew: Stinker. He has been on an UNO kick this week. My favorite part of playing UNO with him is when he draws a card that he doesn't need. He says under his breath, "Ahhh, man. What a waste of time." Cracks me up every time.

Jeff: Incapacitated with an earache. The house is officially being run by the children. It is times like this that I dream of having family close enough to say, "HELP! We're out of gas!" But we'll make it. As long as we don't get buried in dirty dishes and toys.

Shadow: Oh, who really cares?

Okay, that's it. I've got to post some pictures soon. Lily and Andrew went to a Halloween party Friday night...and dear God, I love babies in costumes. Lily is the cutest elephant EVER. And Andrew is a pretty cute Spiderman. But babies. They don't get to choose what they are dressed up as, so they always have cute, creative ideas. All the babies at the party were dressed to the nines...lions, pea pods, Frankensteins, elephants, etc. The kids that were 3 or older were pretty much princesses or superheros. That's it. Creativity sparks again once they get to about 7. But there were 5 Spiderman costumes. And about 20 princesses. And all of them LOVED their costumes. ;)

Okay, now I'm really going to log off. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to keep track of all my comments as I was reading, because I have so many.

(1) Yay, new computer!

(2) Yay for a post ever day in November!

(3) I know what you mean about comments. I would be out with my not-yet-2-year-old twins, and there were lots of comments about how close they'd be in age to the baby-to-be. Like I didn't know.

(4) My OB's office FREAKS OUT if the appointment is even ONE DAY OFF. But THEY are the ones who never have available appointments. So every scheduling is a long series of comments by the receptionist about how (a) it HAS to be on the 17th, and (b) there is NO WAY it can be on the 17th. Sigh.

Annie said...

Whaddaya mean I'm secretive?!? You try working with crazies...Oh whatever: www.reinak.blogspot.com :) Glad to have you back, I needed some light reading.

CARRIE said...

Poor Shadow. Gonzo and Shanks are feeling her pain. Poor, neglected animals!