Friday, February 29, 2008

33 weeks...I think

Okay, at this point, I should be able to get out a calendar and count how many freakin' weeks there are left, subtract from 40, and voila! I'd know how many weeks pregnant I am.

Okay...I'm back. Definitely 33 weeks, 5 days. Phew. I feel better.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I had to bring BOTH children with me. One of the lovely perks of this doctor/midwife practice is they have evening hours. So I've been able to go to my appointments after Jeff gets home from work. Unfortunately, once you start scheduling appointments closer together, there is less availability. So the only thing they had for this week was at 9am. Ugh. How I dreaded bringing both kids.

It wasn't bad. Not bad at all. They got us in pretty quickly, so there was hardly any wait time. Out in the waiting area where there are kiddie toys, that is. Once we got back into the 6ft x 6ft examining room (full of tantalizing tubes, wires, and cabinets), we had a little longer wait. I don't know if there was any point to the appointment, though, because the nurses and midwife were so enamoured by my 2 kids, they didn't pay any attention to me. Lily was fretting while they took my blood pressure...and I'm pretty sure the nurse didn't even look at the gage or listen, because she was so busy reassuring the baby. After she listened to the baby's heartbeat (all the while talking to Andrew...who said it wasn't the heart, it was the wind), I asked what the heart rate was today. She paused and then said, "Oh, 144, 140, right around there." Hmmmm, doesn't sound like she listened. Weight gain? Who knows. I know I gained some, but it wasn't mentioned. By the time the midwife got in there, Lily was DONE with being restrained in the umbrella stroller (which barely left room for the poor midwife). So I didn't ask any questions or talk with the midwife at all (I'd never met this particular one before...I still feel like I haven't met her).

All in all, I wish we could just skip these middle of the road appointments. Especially with the kids. Because although both Lily and Andrew did fabulous, there really was no point to today.

Until next appointment in two weeks...at 6:30 pm, thank heavens!

No comments: