Sunday, March 02, 2008

Girls Day Out

Ah, yesterday was a kind of last hoorah for me before the baby/breastfeeding ball and chain enters my life again. 6 ladies from my playgroup and I went to NYC for the day to enjoy another Broadway show.

We left at 9:30 am, caught a 10:30ish train, and arrived in NYC around 12. We spent an hour trying to agree on a restaurant for lunch...finally just picked one (2 hungry pregnant ladies are not very accommodating in waiting on lunch), and went to the show. Young Frankenstein...you know, like the Mel Brooks movie. It was HILARIOUS. Megan Mellaly (sp?) from Will and Grace was in it, Dr. Frankenstein was played by some dude that used to be on Desperate Housewives (Bree's first husband? I don't watch the show, but my friends were very excited), and the one who stole the show for me was Andrea Martin, who played the crazy aunt in My Big Fat Greek Wedding (You don't eat no meat? That's okay, I'll make lamb.). I really enjoyed it. Baby boy enjoyed the big orchestral numbers...lots of moving and shaking. We left the show and went to a...um...rather expensive restaurant. It was yummy...but way overpriced. A few of us caught the subway back to the train station and we caught a 8:00 train home.

It was refreshing and lovely and tiring.

And then, this morning, I sent Jeff in to give Lily a cup of milk and try and lie her back down (at 6am on the weekends we play this game...). I knew since she hadn't seen me all day yesterday there would be no way she'd go back to sleep if I went in to help her. So Jeff walks in the room, and Lily says to him, "No. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." Melt my heart. And Andrew was so excited to see me. It's nice to feel loved. Even if it means back into the monotony I go.

No comments: