Thursday, March 06, 2008

Pathetic.

It's becoming quite pathetic around here. The lack of energy from La Mama is showing.

Exhibit A: I have had 2 thawed pork chops for 3 days. I have a very easy crockpot recipe to use these chops with. Literally a can of chicken and rice soup and pork chops. Still haven't motivated myself to make the damn thing.

Exhibit B: I have playgroup here tomorrow morning. I have not cleaned up AT ALL. Procrastinating doesn't work because my body just doesn't keep up. I'm actually hoping that one of the kids will wake up tomorrow coughing or with green goop in their nose so I can legitimately cancel.

Exhibit C: Lily knows how the tv works. When she wants to watch something (which is virtually all the time), she brings me the cable remote. Then the tv remote. And just in case I need it, the DVD player remote. Very handy so lazy Mommy doesn't have to get off her touchey. Today I told her no more tv and she grabbed back the tv remote and pushed the on button. Then she grabbed for the cable remote...hey! Wait! Tantrum ensued when I turned the tv back off.

Seriously. It is getting pathetic here. And all I really want is to not be pregnant. But the 3rd time mother in me knows it will only be worse once baby boy gets here. I'll be MORE tired, MORE tied down. He really is easier to care for inside me. But...UGH.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh Giselle! I know this part is difficult and it will be difficult with a newborn. It sucks right now, just try to remember it won't last forever! I'm thinking of you!

HawleyFamily said...

Honestly, I think it is MUCH easier once they are here. Third pregnancies are just tough! You are justified in EVERY thing you are doing. I did the EXACT same thing when preggers with Ashley but felt extra guilt because it was summer and I knew I should be doing fun stuff with the kids. hang in there!

Joanne said...

I agree with Amanda. By the time the 3rd baby gets here, you're so sick of being pregnant that it's a welcome change! And then? Hey! You've got the hang of things!

Don't beat yourself up for being tired and if the kids watch a little more TV than usual. You're a great mom and you have great kids! Hang in there! Soon this will be a distant memory.